Using Newspaper Or Magazine Topics In Your Essay WritingUsing newspaper or magazine topics in your essay writing is a great way to improve your grades and get the feedback you need to be successful. It's important to understand that if you need help with this, here are a few tips that will help you:
- The most important thing to remember is to always use a specific topic that you're most familiar with and have some experience with. Use an industry, such as TV, in which you already work or a sport, such as football, where you have been involved. You want to ensure you're not writing about something you're unfamiliar with and will most likely be confused by.
- Make sure you've done some initial research on the topic so that you know what you're getting into. The newspaper or magazine is not necessarily the place to start, but a research paper can help to give you the inside scoop on the topic you're researching. This can really make a difference when it comes to successfully completing your assignment.
- Check your dictionary and other spell checking and word processing software to check for any spelling errors. Do this at least twice before you submit your paper. You'll get a lot better at correcting mistakes as you do them throughout the semester.
- During your final revision, be sure to check your grammar and spelling all the time. This is your last chance to make corrections and this is where an extra grade can come in handy. It may be tempting to skip it but the last thing you want is to miss an opportunity to get an A, B, or C.
- Make sure you know your sentence structure and how to write. This is especially important because you'll be having to speak and write in English, so you'll need to be able to flow, and this is best achieved through practice.I suggest that you read some essay writing before starting to see the format in which your sentences should be set up and this will help you during the process.
- Make sure you know when to take breaks during your essay. This will be very important because if you don't it can become very frustrating to the student and they may lose focus. Also, take enough breaks so that you're getting enough of them throughout the semester so that you can make sure that you're properly recovering for the next essay.
- When looking at the newspaper or magazine, always look for essays that have been edited and are well-written. Read carefully the byline and see if it's something you recognize. If it is, you can then proceed to edit your own essay as many times as necessary.